Here at NH Physiotherapy we provide Sports Massage for athletes as well as gym goers and active people at our clinic in Manchester City Centre.
Sports massage should be a vital part of your preparation if you participate in sports, running or train regularly in the gym.
This is important whether are injured or not and it can have a huge effect on your performance and your future injury status. Massage has numerous performance and fitness benefits
The benefits of getting regular sports massage can include:
- Help keep your body generally in better condition.
- Prevent sports injuries and loss of mobility / flexibility.
- Restore mobility to injured muscles.
- Increase performance, speed and flexibility
- Extend the overall life of your sporting career
- Improve your posture and yor performance.
Our massage services can also help improve the elasticity of your tissues. Training and sports can make tissues hard and inelastic. Sports Massage helps reverse this by stretching the tissues ad realigning the muscle fibres.
If you are in pain you may have scar tissue which may be due to previous injuries or trauma and can effect muscle, tendons and ligaments. This can lead to inflexible tissues that are prone to injury and pain. Sports Massage can help to break down this scar tissue and as a result can help to decrease pain and return the muscles to their proper function.